Fatal trap 1: priviledged instruction fault while in kernel mode...

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Sun Apr 14 03:46:23 UTC 2013

Howdy,

I just started trying to run bhyve on a Thinkpad X220.  This has a core i5 and EPT support, dmesg
attached.  I'm trying with the March snapshots (02 March and 30 March so far) and have gotten
the above panic instantly upon trying the vmrun.sh script.

I took a shot of the screen after the panic but at that point I can't use the keyboard with the
machine at all.

dmesg for the machine is attached to this email, and the photo is at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~gnn/bhyvecrash.jpg

Best,
George