natd & vimage

Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M jeffrey.m.ahrenholz at boeing.com
Thu Sep 18 20:29:57 UTC 2008

Jake,

> tried making a custom kernel with IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT options
> enabled, as per natd man page.  build croaked on
> netinet/ip_divert.c:
> ipstat undeclared.  7-0-prerelease.
>
> have been using vimage for a test environment now since May, no
> serious problems, found it to be far more stable than the vmware
> environment was using before.

if you want to use 7.0-RELEASE and the vimage_7-20080228 kernel found
here http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/, I have made a patch that allows
you to load the ipdivert module with 'kldload ipdivert'. This patch may
not work for compiling in the option IPDIVERT but seems to work fine as
a module. Let me know and I'll post it...

(if you try to kldload ipdivert with the vimage_7-20080228 kernel, it
complains about that missing ipstat identifier)

also this patch enables ip_mroute, but I am still debugging that part...

-Jeff