Vnet iteration

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Sep 16 17:45:07 UTC 2008

> Marko Zec wrote:

Hi,

>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=149433
>>
>> Change 149433 by zec at zec_tpx32 on 2008/09/08 16:55:34
>>
>> 	First-cut replacement of VNET_ITERLOOP_BEGIN() /
>> 	VNET_ITERLOOP_END() kludges with VNET_FOREACH() constructs
>> 	discussed at freebsd-virtualization@
>> 		Needs a bit more testing before merging over to
>> 	vimage-commit2 branch.
>>
>> Differences ...
>
> [...]
>
>> +	VNET_FOREACH(vnet_iter) {
>> +		CURVNET_SET(vnet_iter);	/* XXX CURVNET_SET_QUIET() ? */
>> +		INIT_VNET_NET(vnet_iter);
>> +		TAILQ_FOREACH(ifp, &V_ifnet, if_link)
>> +			(void)ifaddr_event_handler(NULL, ifp);
>> +		CURVNET_RESTORE();
>>  	}
>
> this looks great..
>
> I'd like to see as much of this as possible in commit2
> and then I'd like to see it committed as soon as brokk, bz and others have
> kicked the t[yi]res a bit.
> :-)

So can anyone bring it over to commit2? Marko, are you around?

I had been generating a diff last weekend again to push this and found
that the diff size changed from ~200k to ~800k so I suspect there was
a mis-integration or someone forgot to set the label?

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.