VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

Pedro Giffuni pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 16:31:33 UTC 2008

Hi Klaus;

Thank you for your posting on -ports:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?48C8F051.7060107

I think either -emulation or -virtualization might be better targets for such discussion though (indeed we did discuss it briefly in the virtualization list).

Some of us are very interested in having VirtualBox on FreeBSD, and I understand the FreeBSD Foundation would consider sponsoring such effort if someone with the know-how makes the proposal.

I don't have what's needed but I was thinking maybe someone that knows well the kqemu module would have that know-how... Perhaps you could give us more insight on what needs to be done/documented?

Pedro.