need help from pf developer(s)

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Sep 3 18:42:28 UTC 2008

Ermal Luçi wrote:
 > On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Julian Elischer
<julian at elischer.org> wrote:>> The aim is that in each virtual machine
we want a separate pf instance.

 >> Usually this means making all the globals in the relavent module
 >> be a structure element in a stucture, and accessing them via the
 >> V_xxx macros instead so that they can be accessed via the
structure instead
 >> of as globals when vimage is enabled.
 >>
 >> I haven't time to give details right now but I'll get back to you
with more
 >> details later.
 >>

 > Out of curiosity since this is a symbol game.
 >
 > Do static vars be handled specially to?!
 >
 > I am close to finish a patch for this but need to know how do you
 > handle static symbols.

ok so we are ready now...
there is a document that describes what is needed:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileLogView.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/vimage/porting_to_vimage.txt

static variables hav eto be added to the structure that will be used..

the current pf changes can be seen in:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/vimage/src/sys

or in

http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/vimage.diff

can you send me the diff that you did so far and we can discuss it?