PERFORCE change 154309 for review (etc.)

Marko Zec zec at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 9 16:13:49 PST 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 20:48:58 Julian Elischer wrote:
> Marko,
>
> I'm following along using p4 and the diff script. It looks good..

The code in vimage-commit2 passed through a make universe run, though a
new panic just emerged in head related to kmacy's changes to routing
tbale locking.  I feel somewhat reluctant to dump commit2 to svn while
there's an unrelated but known panic that doesn't allow the system to
boot, and furthermore bz and I wanted to double-check that all sysctls
would still work exactly the same way before and after the change - a
few days ago I noticed something strange but want to check it with the
most recent head...

> If it all seems to be working we should commit what you have
> and then we should get Kris and Robert to try some of their
> benchmarks.. to confirm the numbers you saw earlier.

Yes it would be extremely usefull to have people doing unbiased tests of
all kinds, though I think that the right time to commence testing would
be in a week or two from now when we'll have all three different
variable layout and referencing models in place in head, selectable as
compile time option, as outlined at the bottom of bz's wiki page:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Image/KernelOptions

Marko