progress toward next commit.

Julian Elischer julian at ironport.com
Wed Aug 27 18:43:38 UTC 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> the branch vimage-commit2 contains my current candidate for commit.
>> It has not been verified or reviewed by anyone else yet
>> and I'm still working on it, so I expect changes.
>
> Can you let us know once you are 'done' (try to leave something for
> the reviewers as well;-))?

feel free to help :-)

part of this commit is the adding of the actual vimage .h files
and definitions... e.g. vinet.h and vnet.h, vinet6.h

The definitions in these files could go in in.h in6.h and other places but
there is some aesthetic reason for keeping them separate, and having
them included at the end of each of those
files as required..

currently I have:
in.h includes vinet.h
ip6.h includes vinet6.h
and
if.h includes vnet.h

I chose these because it turns out that these files are already included
in 98% of all teh files that
need to iclude the vxxx.h files. so the actual .c files themselves don't
need to include them

To make this work I had to add #include if.h to exactly 3 files..
On further consideration I migh change those 3 files to just include
<net/vnet.h> directly
without polluting themselves with if.h.

While this adds a lot of vimage stuff that is not yet active, I feel it
is better to get the files in now
and shrink the remaining diff, and it still results in 0 actual code
changes.