progress toward next commit.

Julian Elischer julian at ironport.com
Mon Aug 25 08:23:50 UTC 2008

As those of you who have been following will know,
the next commit should be a bunch of macros that don't actually do
anything without
VIMAGE defined but clutter up the diff tremendously.

I had 2 branches that were used to generate this diff and I have now
moved all the changes from them to the branch "vimage-commit2"
(our commit staging area).

The branches "vimage-commit" and "vimage-commit3" should be  considered dead
for now.. I will remmove them as soon as I can.

the branch vimage-commit2 contains my current candidate for commit.
It has not been verified or reviewed by anyone else yet
and I'm still working on it, so I expect changes.

to view the diffs against -current look at:

http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/commit2.diff

to view the remaining diffs required to get to a working
vimage system see:

http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/meat.diff

These can be generated in the base of the vimage-commit2 branch
by the perl scripts makediff.pl and makemeat.pl respectively.

The meat diff shows what the vimage patch looks like after all these
'clutter' changes have been removed, leaving the 'meat' of the diff.

i.e. things that are really interesting, and need review.

I have some cleaning up to do still as for example the
contents of vnetgraph.h can also be found in netgraph.h.
One of them should go away. similar things can be found elsewhere,
but it's late and I need to go to bed... :-)

regards

Julian.