Xen Status

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri Aug 22 15:40:17 UTC 2008

On 2:51 am 08/21/08 "Adrian Penisoara" <ady at freebsd.ady.ro> wrote:
> I agree with you that we need more virtualization offerings in order
> to keep the [Free]BSD platform interesting for the users. I guess

I wrote to the FreeBSD foundation asking them if they were doing anything
about virtualization and their answer was that they has requested from the
community project suggestions for them to fund.

I am thinking whether we should approach the developers in VirtualBox
(which I think was purchased by Sun..) and see if they have anyone what
could work on a FreeBSD port and have the FreeBSD foundation pay for the
work. I for one would definitely donate to the FreeBSD foundation towards
virtualization work.