report and comment

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Fri Aug 22 01:03:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Julian Elischer wrote:

>> so we have the same global variables, static, in 2 places..
>> so one set should go in the pf vars and the other in the inet
>> vars. The first answers I think of are:
>>

>> 1/ rename one set
>> 2/ make one of them a VV_ macro that goes elsewhere.
>
> looking at the code better... I see the entire function is about the same..
>
> 3/ remove the duplicated code in pf and call the one in tcp_subr.c
> from both places..

The code originally came from tcp_subr.c, then Max copied it over to pf to
improve pf's behavior.  I'm guessing that he intentionally left them
seperate so that the host part of the TCP stack wasn't interacting with
the firewall part of the system.  Renaming the variables in the pf copy is
probably a better solution.

-Mike