source upgrade

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Thu Dec 22 07:33:34 PST 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 05:32 am, Richard Gliebe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a good step-by-step howto for source upgrade.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Richard

Heya!  The handbook is a pretty good reference but the info for
upgrading is sort of disorganized in my opinion. I can give you a
step by step guide but first I will need to know what version of FBSD
(assuming that we are talking about FBSD!) that you are currently
running as well as which version of FBSD you want to end up with.

Here's some relevent links from the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

Let me know if you are still stuck after reading those pages and I'll
give you some help. :)

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel