u3g and Vodafone k3772 (not k3772z)

gabor at zahemszky.hu gabor at zahemszky.hu
Thu Oct 16 06:48:12 UTC 2014

>> I tried to switch it to USB-modem mode, but none of the usb_quirks
>> worked. And with EJECT_HUAWEI, I got an error, too.
>>
>> # usbconfig -d ugen4.3 add_quirk UQ_MSC_EJECT_HUAWEI
>> Adding quirk 'UQ_MSC_EJECT_HUAWEI' failed, continuing.
>> #
>
> Did you load the u3g and usb_quirk modules first?

Yes. My method was:

- first I plugged in the stick.
- Found, that nothing know about it.
- Pulled out
# kldload u3g
- plugged it second time
- nothing
- pulled out
# kldload usb_quirk
# man usb_quirk
- plugged the stick
- tried all of the u3g quirks, found in the manual and in the usbconfig
dump_quirk_names list
with the command:

usbconfig -d useg4.3 add_quirk UQ_MSC_EJECT_*

one after the other. Actually I've just found, that there is a
remove_quirk subcommand, too.
Maybe I need to remove a quirk if it's not the correct one?

>> Under Linux, with usb_modeswitch, I could switch it to modem, with
>> the
>>
>> MessageContent="55534243123456780000000000000011062000000100000000000000000000"
>>
>> string, and after it, it will be Vendor=12d1 ProdID=14cf. There are
>> some
>> interesting information about this modem in this forum thread:
>>

>> http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1114
>>
>> Is it possible, to use this modem under FreeBSD? And if yes, how?
>>

> Modeswitch is available under FreeBSD too. Check the ports

Hm, I didn't know about it, At the evening, I'll try it.

> collection. Although we prefer putting the quirks into the kernel.

Isn't it a good idea to make it possible to add new quirks from
userspace?

Thanks,

Gabor < Gabor at Zahemszky dot HU >