consistent, functional 1TB usb drive?

Velcro Leaf velcroleaf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:46:44 UTC 2014

>> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:54:34 -0800 (PST) Velcro Leaf <velcroleaf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for a known 1TB external USB drive, powered through the USB cable, that consistently works with FreeBSD, and has for some time?

> On Tue, 3/4/14, Erich Dollansky <erich at alogt.com> wrote:
> just buy cheap USB cases and put any drive you want in.

For the sake of closure, we tried this and it did indeed work.  I picked the cheapest, dumbest external cases that didn't advertise any magic caches or other bells and whistles.  The supplier even changed the model of the hard drive in between orders, but they function identically, so the problem has finally been solved.

Maybe I just got lucky, but at least this is a potential solution for anyone in the same situation.

Thanks for the help!