Fwd: USB to parallel for printer HP LaserJet 4mL

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 2 18:28:50 UTC 2014

El día Monday, June 02, 2014 a las 05:38:43PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky escribió:

> TIMEOUT means the device is not receiving any data. Can you confirm that
> the device is still working using other computers?

Hi,

The printer was working when I used it last time, but this is long ago.
It still does print fine its self-test-page and goes ready (green light). I do
not have any FreeBSD laptop with parallel interface anymore, but you are
absolutely rigth: time to check if it does print somewhere else through
the || interface or even on Windows through the USB-to-|| cable. I will
let you know, have to look in my office for both.

> Did you dump the complete device and configuration descriptor?

I did send in this thread yesterday the output of

# usbconfig -u 1 -a 2 dump_device_desc

Anything else?

Thanks for your kind help.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail