argyllcms and usb (0.1 and 1.0)

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 02:26:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> wrote:
>> USE_LIBUSB1 should be set, and -lusb must be used as linker flag, not -
>> lusb-1.0 like under linux.
>
> After a deeper look at the code I realised that actually the called
> LIBUSB1 is a USB-1.0 with some changes. The author call it "USB-1.0A".
> And this specific code is used at Linux and Windows drivers. And this
> code dosn't compile at FreeBSD. So I proceed with USB-0.1.

It should not really matter. The USB-1.0A mod is more aimed
under Windows (to support libusb0.sys) and a bit of mod for
older Linux libusb-1.0.8. The API is still libusb-1.0 API.

And of course the code does not compile for FreeBSD, in fact,
libusb-1.0 and libusbx will not compile for FreeBSD since
FreeBSD has its own libusb-1.0 API implementation (wrap
around libusb20). libusb-1.0 and libusbx do have experimental
support of OpenBSD and NetBSD which is based on ugen driver.

--
Xiaofan