ICY BOX Sata USB box runs ar 1M instead of 40M+

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Mar 10 23:33:17 UTC 2012

Hi,
Reference:

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Saturday 10 March 2012 20:33:16 Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > usbconfig dump_quirk_names | more
> >         shows nothing I might think of as "Force this to USB-2 high speed.
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> There is no such quirk. You can only do the opposite:
>
> sysctl -a hw.usb.ehci.no_hs
>
> The EHCI port reset code is found here:
>
> /sys/dev/usb/controller/ehci.c
>

> Look for "ehci_disown()". Maybe we need to reset the port multiple times
> before giving up High-Speed USB ?

Thanks Hans,
I'll look more tomorrow.

Meantime I tried disc box on another 8.2 amd64 PC.  which doesnt
even see it, might be a sagging cable ?  Or maybe something to do
with USB-3 Blue plug on end of cable that goes into PC.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".