Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB external HDD problems

Denver Hull denverh at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 15:29:34 UTC 2012

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> BTW: You could try to make a simple c-test program that reads and writes
> random LBA's from user-space, and see when it stops working.

Sorry to interrupt, but I have a test program that does exactly that,
and more, that I used to use when I was testing SCSI disk arrays.  It
works on a number of platforms, including FreeBSD, and should work on
any type of storage device.  If you're interested, I can either send you
the source, or make it available by ftp.  Might be easier than cobbling
something up from scratch.

Thanks,

Denver