usb/168743: panic: double fault caused by umass

FreeBSD at nagilum.org FreeBSD at nagilum.org
Mon Jun 11 18:00:27 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR usb/168743; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: FreeBSD at nagilum.org
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
Cc: freebsd-usb at freebsd.org, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/168743: panic: double fault caused by umass
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:53:51 +0200

 I'm compiling a new kernel with those options as I type. Yes, this is
 very much reproduceable. If you look at the dmesg you will also see
 the previous reboot for the same reason but with a different device -
 a WLAN stick that also includes some mass storage for the windows
 driver and probably another for the mini-sd or whatever card fits in
 there..
 The Pendrive I then used is a 64MB (yes, megabytes) so from that you
 can probably guess how ancient that thing is so it should not have any
 new and fancy options aka quirks ;).
 What I haven't tried yet is simply loading the module while no device
 is attached.
 I'll try that when I have the new kernel booted. It will take some
 time though since this is a 500MHz Geode..
 I think I also saw a few other bugreports related to this issue maybe
 someone else already included a backtrace.
 Thanks for looking into this,
 Alex.