USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, then stuck @ mountroot

Anthony Lemmer tony.lemmer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:17:25 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I'm failing to install FreeBSD 9R via USB, as I'm stuck at *mountroot *after
a long list of USB_ERR_TIMEOUT messages, after the kernel loads via USB.

I personally do not have any viable disk drives for my computer, thusly
I've been attempting an installation of FreeBSD 9R via USB. I wrote the x64
FreeBSD 9R IMG<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/9.0/FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img>using
Win32
Disk Imager<http://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/0.4/0.4/+download/win32diskimager-binary.zip>in
Windows 7. My motherboard is an Asus P4N-D. My USB flash drive is a
Dane-Elec, 4 GB.

Regards,
Anthony Lemmer

--