[Solved] FreeBSD 9-Beta3 on X300 2 problems

Bengt Ahlgren bengta at sics.se
Thu Sep 29 11:10:24 UTC 2011

"crsnet.pl" <crsnet at crsnet.pl> writes:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:21:23 +0800, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please try to do this without wlan loaded at all (not just down, but
>> build your wifi support as a module.)
>> Then try without X, see whether it's related to that or not.
>> (And you haven't told us what your hardware is.)
> Gavin Atkinson send me this link :
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=96631+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2011/freebsd-usb/20110605.freebsd-usb
> suspend / resume works like a charm with this pathes.

FYI: this patch also solves the resume stall problem (1 minute or so
caused by uhci) on my Thinkpad X40 using 8.2-REL!

See this thread on mobile@ for a problem description:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2011-July/012392.html

Bengt

Ps. Trimmed cross-posting, but added usb, as I felt that was more
appropriate.