usb/158650: uplcom USB To COM Device doesn't transmit data, only receive

Wayne Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Fri Jul 8 03:25:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 21:35 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> I have an uplcom adapter here and I cannot reproduce except if I do the
> following:
>
> cu -l /dev/cuaU0
>
> Unplug uplcom. Then type something:
>
> cu -l /dev/cuaU0
> Connected
> write: Device not configured
> write: Device not configured
>
> Then I need to "killall -KILL cu" to get back to normal.

Just a note that in my experience it has always been sufficient in this
circumstance (as far as I can recall) to simply exit normally from
cu/tip; I don't recall ever having to KILL it. Typing the following has
worked:

<cr>~.

i.e. carriage-return, tilde, then a period (or control-d) (assuming the
default "~" escape character).

I don't recall off-hand whether I've done this on 8.x, but certainly it
has worked up to 7.4.

Wayne