FreeBSD hangs while booting with USB legacy support off

Norihiko Murase mur1080224 at inter7.jp
Sun Jan 30 13:23:40 UTC 2011

Mr. Hans Petter Selasky,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

On Sunday 30 Jan 2011 10:33:26 +0100 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 30 January 2011 03:39:16 Norihiko Murase wrote:
> > Can I ask you the way of booting the *installation* system
> > with xhci.ko loaded?
> >
> > I couldn't succeed even with the 9-CURRENT-201101 snapshot...
> >

> When the boot menu shows up, make selection 6 for boot prompt.
>
> Then type:
>
> load xhci
> boot

I've tried this method (on the 9-CURRENT-201101 snapshot);
however, NO CHANGE...
The installation system still does HANG after the following
lines are displayed::
  pci4: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib4
  pci4: domain=0, physical bus=4

I feel that the system hangs at 1 step before being probed
as xhci0 (?)...

Any comments are welcome.

Best regards,
---