USB_HOST_ALIGN option

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Jan 17 09:54:08 UTC 2011

On Monday 17 January 2011 10:30:47 Milan Obuch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to commit to our source tree a patch made public at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/usb_conf_align.diff? It is
> basically a no-op unless someone puts 'options USB_HOST_ALIGN 32' into
> kernel config file. This is necessary for MIPS based RouterStation Pro
> board (maybe other MIPS based boards as well, no idea), so it would make
> maintenance/development a bit easier... an option in config file is for me
> better than local patch :)
>
> If there is another, better sollution for this problem, I would like to
> know (and test).

Hi,

I have an updated patch for that. You need to add a check if host align is
zero, which happens when building the modules.

Milan: Your patch is in the queue and not forgotten. I'm currently waiting for
Andrew to acknowledge some other patches, which has taken a couple of days.
Then I will do your patch.