ax88772 nic not work with VIA 83C572 USB controller

Yaocl chunlinyao at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 03:15:49 UTC 2011

Hi

I have a old hp t5700 thin client which has a VIA 83C572 USB controller.
My planex UE-200TX-G (supported by if_axe driver ax88772 chip) can not
work when I boot to FreeBSD 8.1 or 8.2 or pfSense.

Got following error message

usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=2, set address failed! (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbd_req_re_enumerate: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=2, set address failed! (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbd_req_re_enumerate: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
usb_alloc_device: Failure selecting configuration index
0:USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, port 2, addr 2 (ignored)
ugen1.2: <vendor 0x0b95> at usbus1

only be detected as a ugen device.

I think this maybe because it not compatibly with my VIA usb
controller.I can use the UE-200TX-G nic on other machine with FB8.1 &
8.2。And it can work in virtualbox ,virtualbox emulate a ohci
controller for usb 1.1。

Any suggestion for this problem? are these error message related to
uhci driver or if_axe driver ?

Regards
Yao