USB_ERR_TIMEOUT

Ricardo Tweeg rtweeg at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jan 1 23:52:56 UTC 2011

My name is Ricardo Tweeg.

 I installed FreeBSD 8.1 on a HP dv2940se laptop.
 Shortly after booting the system, an error message is constantly jumping on the screen:

 uhub_reattach_port: port 5 reset failed, error = USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
 uhub_reattach_port: device problem (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT), disabling port 5

 I think it's something related controllers (USB EHCI, UHCI or OHCI).

 I believe the later add or remove a module in the system so that the problem is resolved.

 Another curiosity, and at times (just after the startup) this error appears.
 At other times (right after boot) he is jumping on the screen steadfast (somene in the first virtual terminal).

 Could you help me understand what is happening?

 Thanks,

 Ricardo Tweeg