New uhso(4) device: Globetrotter HSUPA Modem Option N.V.

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 21 22:00:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Brandon Gooch wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Brandon Gooch
> <jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, I got that message.  Not connecting and not getting an serial
>>> console is a bit different.  From the output above it looks like
>>> random garbage on the serial port.
>>>
>>> Try connecting to all different serial ports (without uhsoctl running)
>>> with minicom or cu and try typing AT<enter>. (The diagnostic port
>>> doesn't work, so skip that one).
>>
>> I just encountered a panic when the driver attaches after plugging in
>> the device.
>>
>> The panic stems from uhso_attach(), and seems due to my kernel having
>> the VIMAGE option compiled in -- it doesn't panic on my non-VIMAGE
>> kernel (which I need to rebuild to continue helping debug).
>>
>> I'm trying to get a textdump ATM...
>
> Looks like I exceeded the VNET if_indexlim in /usr/src/sys/net/if.c on line 190:
>
> static VNET_DEFINE(int, if_indexlim) = 8;
>
> Maybe I'll bump it up and give it another go...
>
> Bjoern, is there any reason I shouldn't be able to increase the number
> from 8 to say, 16?

I am lacking context reading about serial ports and network
interfaces.

If you create a network interface from USB you are currently running
into the problem that CURVNETs are not properly setup.  The indexlim,
should just increase itself up to 64k if needed - see if_grow() in
if.c.

/bz

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.