Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Audio

Richard Kolkovich richard at sigil.org
Thu Feb 17 19:23:12 UTC 2011

I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 which is detected by snd_uaudio just fine (and webcamd, too!).
The issue, though, is that I cannot manage the recording volume.  I really only care about
muting/unmuting, but mixer doesn't think there are any recording devices on this device:

+% mixer -f /dev/mixer9
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0

I can change all the volumes to 0, and I can still record.  'mixer +rec' doesn't work for any of the
three devices on this mixer:

mixer: unknown recording device: mic

Any clue what I can do to make snd_uaudio know that this is a recording device?

Cheers,

--

Richard Kolkovich
http://www.sigil.org