[Qemu-devel] qemu 0.15.0 testing, usb redirection, and libusb_get_device_speed()

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 10:42:32 UTC 2011

   Hi,

>    [you would replace docs/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg with e.g.
>    /usr/local/share/doc/qemu/docs/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg, but turns out
>    ehci seems broken for me here with FreeBSD guests at least, I get:
>
>          FETCHENTRY: entry at 22C5484 is of type 2 which is not supported yet
> processing error - resetting ehci HC

That is a transfer descriptor for isochronous split transfers (siTD).
Split transfers are used to support 1.1 devices behind 2.0 hubs.  There
is no USB 2.0 Hub emulation in qemu and also no split transfer emulation
in EHCI, thats why the failure.

/me wonders what FreeBSD tries to do here?  This triggers even without a
single device connected and I can't think of a reason to use a siTD in
that case ...

Nevertheless qemu shouldn't fail like that.

cheers,
   Gerd