device reset

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Aug 26 08:54:32 UTC 2011

On 8/26/2011 2:55 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>> Any other tricks you can think of to reset the device short of
>> installing a HUB at each location ?
>
> No. Upgrading the modem firmware. Talking to the vendor about it.

Understood.  I did some more testing with the version of the kernel I
have in the field locally.  When the 3g modem has not crashed, I can
reset it just fine using usbcontrol reset.  I also found a Dlink hub
that when I issue a usbcontrol power_off and power_on it really does
power off and on the port. This will be handy for a couple of remote
sites for me...

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400