[USB] Keyboard, mouse and ergonomy

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 29 01:44:15 UTC 2010

On 27 September 2010 20:21, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about adding a sysctl to ukbd and ums that shows how many
> keypresses have been done and how many pixels you have moved the mouse during
> a day. These number will mostly be useful for making ergonomic arguments that
> a certain way of working is better than another one.
>
> Anyone have any comments or input on this? Are there any security concerns
> about this?

Grab a book or five on ergonomics, UI design and Human/Computer
Interaction. Read some of the papers that you can find on what went
into say, apple's (earlier) UI design. It's all rather interesting and
enlightening. :)

As other have said, minimising keypresses/mouse movements isn't 1:1
correlated with "better ergonomic design."

Adrian