usb/140883: [axe] [usb8] USB gigabit ethernet hangs after short period of traffic

Nicolas Blais nicblais at clkroot.net
Tue Oct 26 09:00:22 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR usb/140883; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nicolas Blais <nicblais at clkroot.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, sub.mesa at gmail.com
Subject: Re: usb/140883: [axe] [usb8] USB gigabit ethernet hangs after short
 period of traffic
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:51:49 +0430

 I'm having the same problem here with vendor 0x05ac, product 0x1402,
 rev 2.00/0.01 (Apple Ethernet USB Adapter).

 It freezes after a while.  I am running a transparent squid server and
 the freezes also affects my bridge interface.  Until I get a new PCI
 NIC, I have a script running from crontab every 15 minutes to reset
 the interface and bring the bridge back up.

 #!/bin/sh
 usbconfig -u 7 -a 2 reset
 sleep 3
 ifconfig bridge0 addm ue0 up