FreeBSD8 on USB stick - power loss causes corruption

Scott Charron shewless at unleashed-web.org
Wed Oct 13 19:12:53 UTC 2010

I have another server (used as a router) running FreeBSD 8 off of a CF
card.(and several previous versions in the past) and it survives all of my
power outages with grace.

>From the reading I have done it seems to me that the UFS filesystem is
supposed to be robust and not susceptible to corruption on this level.

I seem to be able to reproduce this problem every time!

Thank you,