Network TX/RX fairness is not honored by USB stack

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:58:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 09:54:18PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> > Personally I'd like to nuke the use of interrupt endpoint here but
> > want to hear Han's opinion before doing that.
>
> If no data is ever transmitted except zero length packets, you can just nuke
> it.

Controller always transfers meaningful 8 bytes data(about
1000times/sec) but interrupt callback didn't read it. Even if we
can read that data, there is no use for that as link state changes
are already handled by mii callback.
It seems Linux wants to use that to show link UP/DOWN message
though.

> Rest of patch looks Ok.

Ok, thanks.