usb/140883: [axe] [usb8] USB gigabit ethernet hangs after short period of traffic

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Thu Nov 18 18:38:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, November 18, 2010 13:10, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR usb/140883; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Derrick Brashear <shadow at gmail.com>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, sub.mesa at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: usb/140883: [axe] [usb8] USB gigabit ethernet hangs after
> short
>  period of traffic
> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:36:50 -0500
>
>  Pyun has provided an updated driver which avoids several issues
>  including using a too-large transmit buffer (the chipset claims only
>  8k) but none of the fixes worked until he disabled frame combining for
>  transmit. With only a single packet being sent per frame (as was the
>  case in FreeBSD 7, apparently) seems to make the issue go away. None
>  of the cases I could use to reproduce the issue now happen.
>
>  --
>  Derrick

is this already in 8-stable ? I have a couple of axe(4) based nic's
they're not ok on 8-stable. I've talked to Pyun before, and that time
seemed do solve the issue (with gigabit belkin axe based) but now I can't
get them to work anymore. even fast ethernet linksys axe are just dying
when in a bridge (switched to OpenBSD to have it working).

how ca I try this to help ?

thanks,

matheus

--