USB camera not detected by 8.1, was working in 7

Alexander Churanov alexanderchuranov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:07:20 UTC 2010

Alexander, Hans

Some time ago I was asking for an advice on USB camera which fails to
work after upgrade to FreeBSD 8 (the /dev/da* don't show up).

Now I've enabled CAMDEBUG. The entries from /var/log/messages are
available here:
http://alexanderchuranov.com/freebsd8-usb-camera/autosense-failed

If you have some time to look into this, your comments will be very
much appreciated.

I am software engineer and don't hesitate to investigate into the code
if it is necessary to fix the issue. However, I basically know nothing
about USB and SCSI. Tell me, if I may look into specific places in
source code, perform some debugging, compare results with
specifications, etc.

Sincerely,
Alexander Churanov