usbconfig reset ugen4.2 hanging since an hour

Tue Nov 2 13:03:24 UTC 2010

Quoting Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> (from Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:30:34 +0200):

> on 02/11/2010 14:00 Hans Petter Selasky said the following:
>> On Tuesday 02 November 2010 11:01:34 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>>> # procstat -kk 29213
>>>    PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
>>> 29213 100291 usbconfig        -                mi_switch+0x188
>>> sleepq_switch+0x13c sleepq_timedwait+0x40 _sleep+0x320 pause+0x30
>>> usb_pause_mtx+0x94 usb_ioctl+0x171 devfs_ioctl_f+0x73 kern_ioctl+0x9d
>>> ioctl+0xc5 syscallenter+0x1af syscall+0x34 Xint0x80_syscall+0x21

>>> No umass_detach in there...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The USB threads are joined into a single process and not visible from "ps".
>> Not sure how you can get a list of all threads.
>
> -H option would that for ps.
> But I am not why mentioned ps, because procstat shows the threads,
> e.g. procstat
> -k -a will show stacks of all non-running kernel threads.

So withdraw my last question (the answer to HPS' message that it is
not shown in ps), as I already provided the procstat -kka | grep
umass_detach part (no trace of it).

There is every half an hour a job which is polling an USB device. This
job is not proceeding anymore (each instance started hangs), so it
looks like the USB system is in a f*ed-up state (it does not matter to
me if this is because of the "usbconfig reset ugen4.2" or not). I
rebooted the system to get again the data flowing from this job.

Looks like I'm able to trigger this situation within some days. If
someone wants me to run some specific commands, be it in kdb or
something else, please specify clearly (kdb commands / instructions)
what you want and I try to provide this info by setting up the system
in a way to get into the same situation again.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
TOTD (T-shirt Of The Day):
	I'm the person your mother warned you about.