apcupsd port regression from 7x. to 8.x

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Fri May 7 13:28:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:56:36PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 04:40 PM 5/6/2010, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> >> 0.003 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:398 Initializing libusb
> >
> >The FreeBSD LibUSB v0.1 reports the wrong number of busses and devices. I
> >can
> >fix this.
>
> Great!
>
> >> 0.003 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:403 Found 0 USB busses
> >> 0.007 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:405 Found 0 USB devices
> >
> >The problem is that the UPS code is designed to attach to the first
> >matching
> >device only. LibUSB does not hide devices with drivers already
> >attached, which
> >I think your utility assumes. You should use:
> >
> >pidfile, see man pidfile
> >
> >To create a temporary file with some string which consists of all numbers
> >in
> >udev->filename, separated by ".". Or USB LibUSB v.1.0!
>
> I am guessing the program would need to be re-written to use v1.0
> ?  Thanks for the feedback and help as always!

I recently converted own code to 1.0 API, just to get negative
feedback from Debian users, since they only offer libusb 0.1 packages
for anything but bleeding edge development versions.
I assume because of this the old API will still be around for some time.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de