resetting USB after suspend

Nicholas 0 absintheslink at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:58:37 UTC 2010

Dear list.

I'm not sure if this belongs here or on the ACPI list. Please forgive.

Sometimes when I resume my ThinkPad X200 (Core 2 Duo, 8.0-RELEASE,
amd64), my USB ports don't come back online - that is, no power to
things that I plug in and nothing shows up in dmesg. Reboot fixes it.
It doesn't seem entirely consistent, sometimes USB is fine after
suspend, sometimes it isn't.

I'm trying to see if I can find some rhyme or reason as to when this
occcurs so I can file a bug report and work with someone to get this
fixed, but in the mean time is there any way to reset the USB
subsystem/reload the drivers that I can try as a work around? It's
annoying having to reboot to charge my phone.

Nicholas