[current] could not attach n900 (mass storage mode) at high speed

Andrey Kosachenko andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 18:57:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 14.03.2010 20:04, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> The port speed is decided by the EHCI Host Controller. You maybe want to
> enable HUB debugging messages:
>
> sysctl hw.usb.uhub.debug=15
>
> sysctl hw.usb.ehci.debug=8
>
> --HPS

thanks,
actually I spent on this about an hour (and didn't succeed). Ordinary
usb stick was detected and worked at high speed whereas system refused
to work at high speed with N900 on the same port.

However, accidentally I found mention (seems it was in mailing lists of
Gentoo community or smth.) that there were observed several issues with
BIOS and USB subsystem specific to the model of my laptop (hp6710b). The
only way to treat it is whether to try reset BIOS to default values or
remove/insert battery on mb. I followed that pieces of advice and that
helpled (moreover system started (at last) to recognize internal
bluetooth device).

Anyway, many thanks for your help and time and sorry for the noise.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Kosachenko