usb/144280: boot0cfg not USB aware

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Sun Mar 7 05:08:46 UTC 2010

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Thursday 25 February 2010 09:29:14 Joe Barbish wrote:
>>> Number:         144280
>>> Category:       usb
>>> Synopsis:       boot0cfg not USB aware
>>> Confidential:   no
>>> Severity:       non-critical
>>
>>> Environment:
>> Have boot0cfg installed on PC motherboard cabled hard drive and when I plug
>>  in an USB cabled external hard drive or USB flash drive, (both containing
>>  a installed full FreeBSD version) and boot the PC, the f5 key for going to
>>  the second hard drive is non-functional. Looks like boot0cfg is not USB
>>  aware.
>>

> This is not an USB issue, but rather BIOS / boot-code related. Please change
> responsible.
>
> --HPS

You have a very limited view point of what is USB problem. I don't see
it as a bios problem. For sure the problem is in the boot0cfg code and
for sure IT IS A USB PROBLEM. Now if you want to change this to am
different group then you are welcome to do so. But as the original
reporter of the PR I don't have the authority to make that change.