usb/144423: if_run panic with USB-N13

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 5 09:31:41 UTC 2010

>The files seem a little far from the current I am running, I just used
>the updates to the usbdevs file and the unlock-lock around the firmware load
>in if_run.c.
Yes, there are some bits added to support RT3572 chipsets. It would be greately appreciated if you try that file if it's not too mutch trouble.

>The ASUS-N13 does work when a child wlan device is created with it,
>but if just "ifconfig run0 up" is done there is a page fault. I do
>not know if that is expected. This occurs with or without runfw.ko
>being loaded beforehand.
Yes, "ifconfig run0 up" will cause page fault. The wlanN interface is should be created as an instance of the parent interface and used for actual communication. This is new feature to 8.0 and 9-current. My understanding is that if you create wlan and "ifconfig *wlan0* up", it works, but if you "ifconfig *run0* up", it causes panic. (Of cource without *. I'm trying to enphasize the point in plain text messeage.) That is what should happen. (Actually, result of "ifconfig *run0* up" is undefined.) "run0" should only be used when creating wlan.

If "ifconfig *wlan0* ..." is causing problem, please let us know.