usb/144414: Apple "Fn" key doesn't work properly

Steven Noonan steven at uplinklabs.net
Wed Mar 3 10:50:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR usb/144414; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steven Noonan <steven at uplinklabs.net>
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
Cc: freebsd-usb at freebsd.org, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/144414: Apple "Fn" key doesn't work properly
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 02:41:29 -0800

 On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
 > On Wednesday 03 March 2010 05:39:43 Steven Noonan wrote:
 >> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Steven Noonan <steven at uplinklabs.net> wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Could you add a debug print to print out the 8 bytes of data in
 > ukbd_intr_callback() (sys/dev/usb/input/ukbd.c) and figure out which bit
 > corresponds to the fn key?

 Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last email. The patch works as expected, I
 just failed to apply it properly and didn't notice until after I sent
 my response.

 The Fn key works fine now, but the Eject key still isn't detected.

 Interestingly, my tilde key doesn't work either (though the key press
 is detected, no character shows when the key is pressed).

 - Steven