Ioctl 0x7601 on /dev/video0 - `linux' in kernel

Fri Jun 11 11:29:48 UTC 2010

Quoting Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc at gmail.com> (from Fri, 11 Jun 2010
15:22:56 +0800):

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Mikhail T.
> <mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have linuxulator in the kernel (option COMPAT_LINUX), however, so, I
>> thought, it is supposed to just work... But it does not. Is anyone
>> successful getting skype with video on FreeBSD?
>>

> If that would work, it will be a perfect world. ;-)
>
> I would not think that the Linux emulation is good for USB hardware.

The corresponding linuc v4l to FreeBSD v4l translation layer is not in
8.x. You have to run 9-current if you want to use it (or wait until
8.1 is released and 8-stable open for new features, merging the code
in 8-stable is on my TODO list).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
But don't you worry, its for a cause -- feeding global corporations
paws.