[FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing

Mark Atkinson atkin901 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:22:37 UTC 2010

On 01/12/10 09:34, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010 18:28:30 Mark Atkinson wrote:
>> On 01/10/10 05:37, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>> Feedback and bug reports are welcome.
>>
>> I tried a old webcam that was one of the impetus behind the spca50x
>> project for linux.  Really quite old now, so I'm not surprised it
>> doesn't work, but I figured I'd try it.
>>
>> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=2011
>>
>> ugen6.3:<vendor 0x0733>  at usbus6
>> [root at moby ulinux]$ ./webcamd -d ugen6.3 -i 0 -v 0
>> KrefGet: 0x28421004 = 1
>> Added device 0x283df304
>> KrefGet: 0x283df308 = 1
>> KrefGet: 0x283df308 = 2
>> KrefPut: 0x283df308 = 2
>> KrefGet: 0x283df308 = 2
>> KrefPut: 0x283df308 = 2
>> KrefGet: 0x283df308 = 2
>> KrefPut: 0x283df308 = 2
>>
>> pcwview displays all green for a few seconds and then dies with:
>>
>> [root at moby ulinux]$ pwcview/pwcview
>> Webcam set to: 320x240 (sif) at 5 fps
>> libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Device not configured
>> Error reading from webcam: Device not configured
>>

> Hi,
>
> Which revision of the software are you using?

Sorry I'm using -current (up to date from yesterday), and

[root at moby ulinux]$ svn update
At revision 1372.

> I've committed some stability fixes today and yesterday. Make sure you are
> using the latest stuff. When using gspca you need to wait until the Added
> device is printed before starting the pwcview.

Hopefully it is, I can't see any immediate way for it to tell me it's
using the correct driver.  I can see from kdump the ioctl failures that
return the error.  I'd have to test on v4l on a native linux
installation to be sure it's not a problem there anyway.