[FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 6 14:09:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 06 February 2010 14:27:11 Tom Evans wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
> wrote:
>> > BTW: I've added all DVB USB dongles to the current build! If anyone has
>> > such a device, please test!
>> >
>> > Also list the version of the software you are using.
>> >
>> > --HPS
>>
>> Hi Hans
>>
>> I'm trying to test the dvb usb support you've added, but I'm getting a
>> compilation error when building ulinux.
>>
>> I'm using 8-STABLE, r203423. I'm also using the svn version of
>> video4bsd and webcamd/ulinux (r1424). I've got the following ports
>>
>> installed:
>> > # pkg_info | grep 'v4l\|pwc'
>>
>> libv4l-0.6.4        Video4Linux library
>> pwcview-1.4.1_2     The Video4Linux PWC webcam viewer
>> v4l_compat-1.0.20100113 Video4Linux IOCTL header files

> SVN up and try again.
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> --HPS

Thanks. I also had to add /usr/local/include to CFLAGS for webcamd.c to compile.

Now that it is compiling however, it is requesting a firmware. I have
the firmware file, but don't know where it should go.

Also, are there any pointers on how to do simple things, like scan for
channels, tune and record a channel to a file etc.

Cheers

Tom