trackballs support

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 8 23:03:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 09:13:39AM +0200, Zeus V Panchenko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i'm thinking of purchasing trackbal and would like to ask, wheather
> somebody has experience of getting trackball working under FreeBSD
> xorg?
>
> i think of:
> Kensington trackballs
> http://us.kensington.com/html/1436.html
>
> is it be possible to use these models?

I cannot speak to the Kensington models, but I've been using the
Logitech TrackMan Marble series on my desktops running FreeBSD for
over a decade with no problems.  The Logitech's show up as a mouse and
works as a mouse in X with no problems.

FreeBSD 7 boot message:

ums0: <Logitech USB-PS/2 Trackball, class 0/0, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 3> on uhub3
ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

Regards,

Gary