tiny ukbd num lock issue

Jim Bryant kc5vdj.freebsd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:56:36 UTC 2010

when you had to press it twice, was that only for the first attempt, and
did pressing it once after that turn it off?  and once after that, on?

i just read your note here, and the following one about the long delays
(kern/99538), and was able to duplicate the two-press thing.

amd64 here, under kde, and the keyboard is a compaq pos ps/2 via a
generic mouse/kb dongle/adapter for usb i got on ebay from hong kong:

ukbd1: <vendor 0x13ba Generic USB K/B, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2>
on usbus2
ums1: <vendor 0x13ba Generic USB K/B, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2>
on usbus2

it seems that the press-twice scenario was only needed the first
attempt.  normal behaviour after that.

8.1-stable last cvsup/build:

FreeBSD orb.electron-tube.net 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #0: Wed Aug
25 03:44:55 CDT 2010
jbryant at orb.electron-tube.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ORB  amd64