software atmel arm serial USB

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 20:07:48 UTC 2010

Hi people.

Our technical staff are working with some device that can do serial over
USB but they have no controller. This devices implements USB in software
(at least they told me so) at atmel arm.

usbconfig -d x.x dump_device_desc gives me:

ugen4.2: <PILOT-3 Gate2 (SN:0000023) Tandem LTD> at usbus4, cfg=0
md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

   bLength = 0x0012
   bDescriptorType = 0x0001
   bcdUSB = 0x0110
   bDeviceClass = 0x00ef
   bDeviceSubClass = 0x0002
   bDeviceProtocol = 0x0001
   bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
   idVendor = 0xffff
   idProduct = 0x0017
   bcdDevice = 0x0000
   iManufacturer = 0x0001  <Tandem LTD>
   iProduct = 0x0002  <PILOT-3 Gate2 (SN:0000023)>
   iSerialNumber = 0x0003  <0000023>
   bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

I have pointed them on idVendor field but they think this value is ok
for custom devices.

In windows they are using usbser.sys to get access to the device. What
can be done one FreeBSD? Can I specify which device driver should be
used with this physical device?

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.