avrdude unable to talk to Arduino board (via uftdi)

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Aug 4 18:46:01 UTC 2010

As Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> Checked with the same hardware (dual-boot) and Microsoft
> Vista (with arduino-0018 IDE) and the board can be
> contacted and programmed without any problems.

Your check on Windows has been using a stock AVRDUDE (e.g., a WinAVR
compilation), too?  Or another tool?

IIRC, the Arduino bootloader requires some special tricks in order to
talk to it.  I think AVRDUDE v5.10 still lacks that feature.  Could
you try the SVN version of AVRDUDE?

(I don't see a GNATS ID in the subject.  Has this been actually filed
via send-pr?)