usb/149162: ASUS WL-167g doesn't work in 8.1 (continue of 149058)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Tue Aug 3 15:54:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 17:46:21 Alexey A Bukreev wrote:
> On 02.08.2010 20:39, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On Monday 02 August 2010 18:24:17 Alexey A Bukreev wrote:
> >> I input in console "ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ural0". After I press
> >> ALT+CTRL+ESC - nothing happens.
> >> I reboot PC and input "gdb ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ural0" - result
> >> you can see here: http://lepis.org.ru/~lepis/freebsd/IMG_0072.JPG
> >>
> >> But I saw one strange thing.
> >> In one of tries I started ifconfig command and rebooted PC after 3-5
> >>
> >> minutes. In first console I saw next messages after "Uptime":
> >>      Uptime: 3m21s
> >>      ugen0.2:<ASUS>  at usbus0
> >>      ural1: ......
> >>      ural1: ......
> >>
> >> You can see photo of these messages:
> >> http://lepis.org.ru/~lepis/freebsd/IMG_0068.JPG
> >>
> >> And reboot stopped. Reboot continued only when I pressed ALT+CTRL+DEL.
> >> I think that it's a bug in ifconfig with duplicating devices.
> >
> > 1) gdb
> >
> > 2) type: file ifconfig
> >
> > 3) type: run wlan0 create wlandev ural0
> >
> > --HPS
>
> gdb says "no debugging symbols found"

Hi,

Actually, my intention was to get you into the kernel debugger and not the
userland debugger. Maybe you have some missing keywords in your kernel config.
Try google. When setup correctly, CTRL+ALT+ESC should get you into the kernel
debugger. That means you should exit X11 before typing this sequence. When in
the kernel debugger, try to dump all threads. Look for function names that
contain the word "ural". Write down brief stack backtrace.